The Application Architect is responsible for delivering key Sharepoint-based business solutions or participating on key architecture initiatives. When working on business initiatives, the Application Architect will be responsible for leading and coordinating projects from a technology perspective, ensuring that software development life cycle activities are consistent with the direction set by accepted best practices and clients /company standards groups. The Application Architect may also be expected to spend a significant amount of time supporting engineering activities. When working on architecture initiatives, the Application Architect will be part of a team of peers working on highly technical, architecture initiatives based on Sharepoint 2010/2013 platform. Job duties include, but are not limited to research, tool evaluation, documenting patterns and standards, technology evaluation and recommendation, mentoring developers through hands-on assistance as well as formal and informal training and some technical development. An Application Architect must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan. The Application Architect will be expected to work on multiple tasks and initiatives concurrently and to be able to delegate effectively.
• Create / review of architecture design packages
• Review and approve engineering design packages
• Architect systems to meet non-functional requirements
• Ensure proper oversight for quality assurance of engineering artifacts
• Support of engineering staff throughout construction phase
• Evangelize and enforce engineering methodology program
• Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared engineering assets
• Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
• Proactively provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
• Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities and notifies project leadership of situation
• Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
• Work closely with:
o Enterprise Architecture to define and apply enterprise level standards in solution architecture
o Application Engineering Leads, Technical Leads and staff to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans
o Infrastructure Engineering to understand, validate and action infrastructure impacts on solution architecture
o Project Management to coordinate solutions from technical perspective and minimize technical risk
o Quality Assurance to effectively support proper testing
o Security to ensure Engineering adherence to secure development standards and negotiate security trade-offs
o Operations to take into account operational (non-functional) requirements
• Proactively identifies and addresses application engineering strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
• Knowledge of organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
• Strong knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
• Familiar with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
• Advocate of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
• Is part of a global Enterprise Architecture team; works with project management teams, engineer leads, team leads, infrastructure architects and/or engineering leads to resolve issues which arise within project; drives project’s progress and critical success factors.
• Direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, diplomacy, etc.
• Exercises influence at many levels of the organization up to the Global Lead Level.
• Overtime and vacation scheduling are dependent upon team priorities and may change during the course of a year.
• Position may be eligible for alternative work locations dependent upon team dynamics.
• Position requires accurate and timely tracking of time spent working on projects
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
• Approximately 3+ years as an architect or technology lead.
• 8+ years OO software development/architecture experience in .NET
• Minimum two years experience as a software architect or working on a software architecture team, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship
• Overall understanding of the business objectives of service lines and core business services departments
• Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
• Experience overseeing (from a technical perspective) multiple projects
• Proficient with Sharepoint 2010/2013 and related technologies
• Prior full cycle experience with custom development of Sharepoint-based solutions (custom webparts, workflows, forms, pages, integrating with external systems and deploying the final solutions onto managed Sharepoint farms).
• Experience in developing/overseeing the development of line of business applications using Sharepoint Designer and InfoPath.
• Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining Solution Architectures and technology (UML, design patterns, SOA, EAI, BPI, etc.)
• Experience in designing and engineering applications using MS SharePoint platform
• Experience building and supporting mission critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner. Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises
• Experience in designing applications using relational databases, such as SQL Server
• Knowledge of leading Business Intelligence/Reporting tools or reporting database design is preferred
• Exposure to application security technologies and approaches
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
• Experience in full development lifecycle phases
• Experience planning and breaking down a task into sub-tasks and estimating effort to perform the work
• Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
• Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools
• Familiarity with software usability concepts
• Software prototyping experience
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze and operate at different levels of abstraction
• Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a leading member of global distributed technical teams that deliver quality services.
• Strong technical skills developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
• Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
|Job Category||SharePoint Architect|
|Job Experience||7+ yrs|